Saturday 19 March 2011

. + You Promised Me A Sunken Land. I Need That Promise, Again.

' Tonight I've Fallen And I Can't Get Up
I Need Your Loving Hands To Come And Pick Me Up
And Every Night I Miss You
I Can Just Look Up
And Know The Stars Are Holding You,
Holding You,
Holding You,
Tonight. '

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you. You were the one person who knew me. You were the only person I knew. Now. They say you left because of me. Was I really that bad? Was I really that bad a person that you had to punish me by leaving? And that, too, for this long? Did you never, for a second, try imagining what I'd do without you? I sound selfish? Yeah. Maybe because I am.

All day long. It seems like you're in the other room. Sleeping like you did. With one leg over the other. Or lying straight on your back. Or it seems like you're out for a bit. That you'll come back and I'd be able to rest my head in your lap, like I did, and me falling asleep in your lap, like I did.

And. Right now. I'm sitting on the cold marble floor. I can't feel my legs, my hands, my fingers or my heart. I can only feel a cold streak going down my face and landing at my feet. 

I don't know what to say to you. Heck. I don't even know if I can face you. All I want to say. Is that I miss you. And. I might not have said it a lot while you were around. But. I love you. And. This last year. Taught me that life just cannot go on without you. One of these days. I'll come up to you. And I'll be able to breathe, again.

2 comments:

  1. and yet he remained a niggling memory which i tried to shake but it was as if we were connected at a surreal level. i try to forget but i might as soon stop breathing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s one song comes to mind: let it rain let it rain let the pain go away in my brain let it rain let it rain

    ReplyDelete